The Fortnite team is back from their summer break, and the 9.40 patch is right around the corner. Take a look at all of the bug fixes coming to Fortnite in the next patch.
Epic Games is constantly updating Fortnite and working on bug fixes. Unfortunately, fixing one issue seems to open the door to two others that are even worse.
As of know, we know of a handful of bugs for which Epic has fixes that are coming in the next patch, along with a list of bugs they're still investigating. Here's all of the information that's available on current bug fixes in Fortnite.
Fixes for v9.40
All of the following fixes should be here in the next release according to the Fortnite Community Issues Trello board.
- Invisible traps: Traps sometimes rise into structures' ceilings and therefore cannot be seen by players.
- Pick up Issues: Players may experience issues picking up items.
- Style challenges from past seasons appearing even though completed: "We're working on a fix that will prevent this issue from occurring to any more players moving forward."
- Player models sometimes swap with another player's model after a squad formation change: If a player swaps with another player from another group in a Large Party, the player who was swapped will sometimes have the first player's model.
- Muted/Muffled audio: Audio sounds muted or muffled in the latest update. We will have a fix in an upcoming release.
- Crashes on all platforms in all modes: We're aware of an issue causing players to experience an increase in crashes on all platforms in all modes. We're investigating this issue and will provide an update when it is fixed.
The following bugs are under investigation by Epic:
- 14 Days of Summer, Day 13 Challenge - Tiny rubber ducky disappears after the first player reaches it.
- Rings not showing for Fortbytes 4, 67, 70 and 89
- Wraps appearing different from icon whe viewed in Locker
- Getting stuck under opponent-placed ramps.
- Traps may remain after breaking the structure attached
- Players can sometimes fall off ziplines immediately after getting on them.
- Lighting in v9.20 is darker than intended.
- Some situations where the Chug Jug will complete its animation but not grant HP + Shield
- Language swapping no longer instantly applies to most of the UI elements
As you can see, the dreaded shield-damage animation problem is nowhere to be found on this list.
Fortunately, EpicEricSW commented on a post on the r/FortniteCompetitive subreddit regarding the shield damage animation, saying, "Agreed, this is a priority fix for 9.40."
We don't know for sure whether a fix is coming with the next patch, but at least we know they're working on it.
Have you encountered any bugs that aren't on this list? Let us know on Twitter @FortniteTracker.