The Fortnite Season 10 end event will likely take place this weekend. Here's everything we know about how Fortnite Season X will end.
Fortnite Season 10 is almost over, and we're already free from the mechs that have been plaguing the game.
Now, all that's left is an event that looks to bring all other Fortnite plotlines to a close. If the theories and leaks are correct, Season 10 will end phase one of the Fortnite plot.
Here's everything we know so far - including a fair bit of speculation.
The event to end Fortnite Season X will be called "The End." Reports also have it that the description of the event will be, "Join the fight to restore our timeline before it's too late."
This title and description open the door to several theories. When you combine this with the list of leaked POIs found in the game files, most people are assuming we're going to get a new map for Season 11.
When Will The Event Take Place?
Just a random thought, but what if Kevin is a countdown to the "The End" event? ??— ShiinaBR - Fortnite Leaks (@ShiinaBR) September 30, 2019
He's been roaming the edge of the map since he was brought back through the Rift Beacon, and he's reaching his starting point very soon. ??
(via u/NIKG_FN) pic.twitter.com/Ex52uw9wfw
The short answer: we don't know.
Fortnite data miners have been eagerly awaiting the countdown they found in the game files. We still haven't seen anything.
In the past, countdowns have appeared on the televisions across the Fortnite map. Most fans assume that the event will take place this weekend, which means we should have seen a timer pop up last Saturday or Sunday.
As of now, we don't know exactly when the event will happen but it's fair to assume it will be sometime this weekend.
Season 10 is scheduled to end next Sunday at 2 PM, which could be the timing for the event as well. If Epic doesn't delay the end of the season, this will be the first time a new Fortnite season doesn't start on a Thursday.
We should know more later in the week.
What Will Happen?
So, we know a few things about what's going to happen during the event.
First, we know that the rocket is going to launch. We also know that upcoming challenges will involve collecting voice recordings from The Visitor.
Data miner @Asriel_Dev was able to decrypt these messages, and got the following quotes:
- "Activate the beacon at precisely the moment this timer reaches nothing. The Zero Point must be contained once more. If they are correct, it will be the end."
- "I speculate that no one calculated the formation of the island. That interdimensional matter collision would resolve rather than push. Now that I witness it firsthand, it's obvious that Pinching alone made it inevitable."
- "The (unintelligible) Theorem was a success! I... us... you arrived outside the loop at the exact moment of expansion. This effectively paused the singularity, giving us time to create the devices needed to synchronize the Junction.
- "What I didn't factor was that the only way to trigger the device was from within the Loop itself. Thus this hasty and primitive recording. And why now you... I find myself Looped."
- "What the Seven of us are attempting is very risky. I suspect they are not the only ones watching. But it must be done or we lose the Bridge forever."
- "When I hear this, again, will it help me remember? Or once looped will I be just as muted as the others? No matter - it seems the lengthy precautions worked."
That's a lot to comprehend right there. It would seem like we're stuck in a time loop - perhaps that explains the never-ending Battle Royale game.
The Visitor and Scientist appear to what many fans assumed: alternate versions of one another. They are working with five other versions to break the loop once and for all.
Once the loop is broken, it's anyone's guess.
These recordings prompt more questions than they answer. The loop explains why everything from past seasons is reappearing, but doesn't explain the full intentions of the Visitor and/or Scientist.
EVENT LEAK: During the event, the players will be sucked into the Zero Point & will be unable to move (similar to the Butterfly event). After being sucked into the Zero Poin an currently encrypted Map will be loaded and used for the cinematic.— ShiinaBR - Fortnite Leaks (@ShiinaBR) September 27, 2019
We also have this piece of information from @ShiinaBR and others, stating that we'll be sucked into the Zero Point like we were during the Butterfly event. After that, it's onto a new map for the cinematic.
We know at least a piece of the event will take place between Dusty Depot and Loot Lake as well, but we probably won't stay there the whole time.
All things considered, Epic is setting things up to outdo themselves yet again. This might be the most interesting season-ending event to date when you consider the far-reaching implications of the plot.
The plot of Fortnite has always been difficult to figure out, but we may finally be getting some answers when all of this goes down.
Let us know what you think will happen on Twitter @FortniteTracker.