Fortnite v9.30 Content Update 3 is here and brought us one of - if not the - most powerful items ever added to Fortnite. Check out the new Air Strike and more highlights from the patch notes.
Epic is known for adding some unbalanced items to Fortnite, but they may have taken things a bit too far with this one.
It's too early to tell right now, but the Air Strike seems like one of the more overpowered items Fortnite has ever seen.
This update was the last of three content updates Epic has provided while the Fortnite team was on vacation. Since that's the case, there aren't any new balance changes or bug fixes this week.
The Air Strike is the most powerful item Epic has added since the original Storm Flip. Based on how this thing looks and a few clips I've seen - the Air Strike might be the most powerful item Epic has ever added.
Here are the details before we get into how powerful this thing is:
- A thrown canister of colored smoke that calls in a flurry of missiles from above.
- Once the canister comes to rest, missiles will spawn after a short delay.
- Missiles spawn about 120 meters above the smoke canister.
- Missiles aim for random points within a 9 meters radius of the thrown object.
- A total of 20 missiles are spawned.
- Each missile has an explosion radius of 3.5 meters.
- Each missile deals 75 damage to players and 200 damage to structures.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, and Llamas.
- Drops in stacks of 1.
- Max stack size of 2.
- Legendary variant.
The first issue with this item is that you can carry two of them in a single stack. That means you can rain 40 missiles down on someone by yourself - 80 if your squadmate has two as well.
Like the Storm Flip, this item is a relatively understandable addition to regular Fortnite but is going to be completely overpowered in competitive.
Epic is nerfing high ground again with this one. I'd be lying if I claimed I wasn't excited for the clips that will inevitably be posted to Reddit in the coming days.
The Air Strike wasn't the only topic in the patch notes, but it was the most interesting. The only other update of note to Battle Royale players is the new LTM Rotation.
- High Explosives Squads
- Battle Royale with Explosive weapons only! 'Splode all of the enemies back to the lobby to earn the Victory Royale!
- Sneaky Silencers Solo
- Nighttime fighting with silenced weapons.
- Classic Squads
- Classic Battle Royale with only weapons and items from Seasons one and two.
- Solid Gold Duos
- Fight to the finish using Legendary weapons!
- Catch Squads
- In this mode, all guns have been removed. The only weapons are grenades and other items that can be thrown or tossed.
- Blitz Squads
- Drop into this fast-paced Limited Time Mode! You’d better keep moving because the Storm never does.
Follow us on Twitter @FortniteTracker for more Fortnite news